Services Menu > Finder > Reveal

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The Services Menu has tantalized me for years. Especially the most desirable "finder > reveal," which promises much but doesn't seem to work for anything but highlighting paths in Terminal.

I'd love to be able to use this in Word, OmniGraffle, Photoshop etc so I could reveal in Finder the file I currently have open, then quickly drag and drop it into an email window.

I don't use Mail, so the Mail item on the services menu is out of the question.

What I would like to know, is there any third party services menu add on that works like Reveal in Finder is supposed to? Or perhaps something that would email the file I'm opening with Entourage (I know the MS apps already have this built in).

Any suggestions are welcomed...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    To reveal files: command click on the title bar, and it'll bring up a popup menu. Choose the enclosing folder. Your file is selected

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks, I never knew about this feature.

This is exactly what I needed...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gizzmonic View Post

I'd love to be able to use this in Word, OmniGraffle, Photoshop etc so I could reveal in Finder the file I currently have open, then quickly drag and drop it into an email window.

You can also save a step by grabbing the icon in the titlebar of the document you have open and then drag that into an email window.