Briefly: Mobile Macs; CS3 in March; iPod-ready Life Fitness machines

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple on its job website is dropping its own share of hints at future innovations in the mobile Mac space. Meanwhile, analysts are now echoing reports of a late-March release for Creative Suite 3.0. And Life Fitness plans to offer seamless iPod integration with its upcoming line of exercise equipment.

Apple Mobile Mac Manager

A new job listing posted to Apple's website seeks a "Manager of Mobile Mac Architecture" that would be responsible for "guaranteeing the engineering feasibility of the future Mobile Macintosh product line."

Apple said the manager -- which could wind up overseeing new portable ventures such as the company's re-entry into the sub-notebook market -- will work in tandem with Mobile Mac's Chief Technologist to "understand market direction for mobile computers and apply that to the unique engineering and feature requirements of Apple's mobile computers."

Additionally, the company said the ideal candidate for the position "must have a thorough understanding of the system integration design trade-offs for highly constrained mobile computers."

The Mobile Mac Architecture Manager should also possess "a working knowledge of all sub-modules that are integrated into the computer and their development roadmaps and future directions."

Creative Suite 3.0 Due in March

Meanwhile, Merrill Lynch analyst Jay Vleeschhouwer said this week that Adobe is likely to introduce Creative Suite 3 around March 27, with availability slated for slightly thereafter.

Vleeschhouwer's comments corroborate an exclusive AppleInsider report from October, which cited people familiar with the Adobe's plans as saying the suite was "tracking for a release towards the end of March, ahead of the 2007 Photoshop World conference scheduled for April 4-6."

In that same report, AppleInsider noted that Adobe was planning to market several different Creative Suite 3.0 bundles, each of which would include a different assortment of creative applications.

In his note to clients, Vleeschhouwer also touched on the latter subject, saying his checks indicate that the software maker has lined up half a dozen distinct bundles.

iPod integration in Life Fitness exercise equipment

Life Fitness has announced plans to deliver commercial exercise equipment that will feature various forms of seamless iPod integration.

iPod users will reportedly be able to plug in their iPods to machines and watch video on the equipment's large LCD screen, controlling the their iPod music libraries from the console.

The first Life Fitness product featuring iPod integration will be demonstrated at the upcoming IHRSA Convention in San Francisco and will be available in March with the rest of the line to follow later in the year.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    1st post http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1cool.gif

I just hope they don't hire a dell dude.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    My source told me the names of those Adobe bundles:
    • Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Home Basic

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Home Basic Upgrade

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Home Premium

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Home Premium Upgrade

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Business

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Business Upgrade

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Ultimate

• Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Ultimate Upgrade

Soon, you can download the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Upgrade Advisor, which will tell you if your computer can support the new software.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    jgbxjgbx Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arlodesign View Post

Soon, you can download the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Upgrade Advisor, which will tell you if your computer can support the new software.

That's funny
  • Reply 4 of 17
    So it is official, we have a line of Mac subnotebooks coming, hope one is a tablet.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EagerDragon View Post

So it is official, we have a line of Mac subnotebooks coming, hope one is a tablet.

No we don't. If you read the job posting on Apple's website, there is absolutely NO mention of a "forthcoming sub-notebook" or any such thing anywhere. The term 'sub' is used twice:

1) Outlining that applicants for the position must have a working knowledge of 'sub-modules' that are integrated into the computer

2)Making it clear that the knowledge of the sub-modules includes knowledge of 'sub-components'.

The sub-notebook reference in the article is pure speculation. Whoever gets this position with Apple would oversee any such project if Apple decided to build such a machine. But there is no reference whatsoever about it on thier website.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    What a misleading article. Nowhere in the job description do they mention sub-notebooks.

The only way to know what this job is about is if you know what hardware the Mobile Mac Chief

Technologist and the Mobile Macintosh implementation teams are responsible for. For all we know, they are just responsible for one or some of the MacBook, MacBook Pro or iPhone lines.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe View Post

What a misleading article. Nowhere in the job description do they mention sub-notebooks.

Only the way AI phrases it it seems the job specifically is looking someone to work on sub-notebooks. Thanks for snowballing rumors with assumptions and not facts.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    w00t.

Here's hoping Apple expands on the palm/touch market.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

I'm afraid your list was too short and you left out Business Premium and Business Premium Upgrade.

That's if you want the Adobe BitLocker feature, the one that scrambles your TIFFs so your significant other can't find your pr0n collection.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe View Post

The only way to know what this job is about is if you know what hardware the Mobile Mac Chief

Technologist and the Mobile Macintosh implementation teams are responsible for. For all we know, they are just responsible for one or some of the MacBook, MacBook Pro or iPhone lines.

I don't agree with you in that the first blurb in the article was misleading. We were simply pointing out that the job posting MAY be related to some movement in the area of compact notebooks at Apple, such as the sub-notebook we reported on last week.. Since a couple of readers felt it was misleading, I had a few words changed.

Sorry about that,

K
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crees! View Post

Only the way AI phrases it it seems the job specifically is looking someone to work on sub-notebooks. Thanks for snowballing rumors with assumptions and not facts.

My pleasure, LOL,

However I did not know the guy running the current mobile line (notebooks) left. So assuming he/she did not, then this would be a new line or they don't trust the current guy with this set of changes or line.

I understand what you are saying, but where there is smoke, there is fire.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Where is there any smoke? It's a job posting for a manager.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

That's almost as many versions as Vista.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    It would be cool if Adobe offered CS3 bundled with a new Mac at a significant discount. We need both at my business.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Glad that everyone's taking the different versions of CS3 loosely. But in case you haven't noticed they now have to digest Macromedia and at least two new products from Adobe, Photoshop Lightroom and Soundbooth. This thing can summarize it better then I can.

Meanwhile I'm glad everyone's ignoring the point above about Life Fitness. It'll make it that much more appealing for me to point out the Obvious: The iPod isn't just a Digital Media Player, It's a way of Life. That and it's quite obvious how the iPod Dock Connector is beginning to spread through the physical world like a plague of Dock Connectors willing to connect your iPod any day of the week.

Car Integration, Airline integration, and now gym equipment integration. Just add in the other forms of transportation (Trains and Motorbikes come to mind) and pretty soon the EU is going to get pissed off and ask Apple to license the 30 Pin Dock Connector so the brown thing can connect to the world too!

Sebastian
  • Reply 16 of 17
    I want my rowing machine to interface with my iPod the same way as the Nike thingy.

Store my times, distances etc.

Not just music and videos!
  • Reply 17 of 17
    sounds like a good idea. what do you think...

http://thumbwarz.com/index.phtml?snu...20Macs&limit=0