Yay! I Finally Surpassed "Scott [Banned]" in Post Count

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So yeah, post whore that I am... I finally surpassed this mysterious "Scott [banned]" in Post Count screen... (Click on Members List, click on Posts to sort by Post Count).

Now I feel like I have completed my journey on AppleInsider. Weird. I also am very sensitive for some reason the past few days if people disagree with me, which is somewhat, well, weird too.

It has been a good journey with all of you, though sometimes (but actually quite rarely) we did have a good go at each other, and I think most of the time I get away with murder with some of the rambling I do.

I'm starting to feel like I don't want to post just out of the sake of trying to keep up with that maniac Melgross .... I want to, I dunno, maybe start a new journey??

AppleInsider is pretty much the only thing I do on the web right now, besides email. Weird.

Maybe a bit of http://www.tuaw.com/ but seriously, that site, and Engadget, they post like 10 things in a day, most of which only 1 or 2 are really worthwhile.

Ideas? Suggestions? Help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    Something besides "Get a real life", I *am* working on that ... In fact, I'm going for my evening run right now. Toodles...
  • Reply 2 of 56
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Your AI posts: 7431

Your AN posts: presumably 0

My AI posts: 4677

My AN posts: 8573

Sorry, man.
  • Reply 3 of 56
    Heh. What is AN? Something that existed before AppleInsider?

Well anyways I may be involved with a Mac dealership soon-ish. Given the popularity of this site, I think I have to deprecate this account and use a less obvious username.

By the way, this Wiki page is pretty all over the place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_rumors_community

Some interesting tidbits but a number of not-updated stuff.

MacRumors.com seems to have given itself a good plug.
  • Reply 4 of 56
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It's where a cliquey group of thirty-something perpetual frat boy posters took the party after several of them got booted for certain things. If you want constant meta-discussions about computer forums or prefer a place where the main idea is to sit around and soak up each other's awesomeness, then hey, by all means. I don't like that place at all, and a lot of them don't like it here either. I call it a good split.
  • Reply 5 of 56
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You'll never catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.
  • Reply 6 of 56
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    /me remembers fondly a PM exchange in which he wrote me, I fired back, and he never wrote back again.
  • Reply 7 of 56
    Come on shawn... AN isn't that bad...
  • Reply 8 of 56
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

It's where a cliquey group of thirty-something perpetual frat boy posters took the party after several of them got booted for certain things. If you want constant meta-discussions about computer forums or prefer a place where the main idea is to sit around and soak up each other's awesomeness, then hey, by all means. I don't like that place at all, and a lot of them don't like it here either. I call it a good split.

Jealous?
  • Reply 9 of 56
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    I'll have no problem catching up with you

Sebastian

EDIT:

Woah, I thought i was still in the 800s, 1000 now
  • Reply 10 of 56
    Happy 1000th post!

You will be at 2000 before we know it.
  • Reply 11 of 56
    Sebastian will have 2000 by his 15th birthday.

He's got too much youth on you Sunil...
  • Reply 12 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

So yeah, post whore that I am... I finally surpassed this mysterious "Scott [banned]" in Post Count screen... (Click on Members List, click on Posts to sort by Post Count).

Now I feel like I have completed my journey on AppleInsider. Weird. I also am very sensitive for some reason the past few days if people disagree with me, which is somewhat, well, weird too.

It has been a good journey with all of you, though sometimes (but actually quite rarely) we did have a good go at each other, and I think most of the time I get away with murder with some of the rambling I do.

I'm starting to feel like I don't want to post just out of the sake of trying to keep up with that maniac Melgross .... I want to, I dunno, maybe start a new journey??

AppleInsider is pretty much the only thing I do on the web right now, besides email. Weird.

Maybe a bit of http://www.tuaw.com/ but seriously, that site, and Engadget, they post like 10 things in a day, most of which only 1 or 2 are really worthwhile.

Ideas? Suggestions? Help?

Congratulations... I think...
  • Reply 13 of 56
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Isn't the rule that when you pass Scott, you automatically get banned?8)

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Isn't the rule that when you pass Scott, you automatically get banned?8)

Nick

If I turned on auto-post merging (in which vBulletin combines consecutive posts in a thread, within a certain time limit), I expect that he'd still have a long way to go to catch Scott.
  • Reply 15 of 56
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That is an awesome feature, you should turn that on.
  • Reply 16 of 56
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I agree that does sound very cool.

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 56
    Yeah, I equivalent Sunil's post count to Barry Bonds' homerun count.

The record is there but it just ain't the same. Nonetheless, it is still acknowledged.
  • Reply 18 of 56
    I will pass you all!..............Not.
  • Reply 19 of 56
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Yeah, I equivalent Sunil's post count to Barry Bonds' homerun count.

I think SDW was juicing his at-bats in his run-up to 6000.
  • Reply 20 of 56
    Yeah! That Sammy Sosa son-of-a-bitch!

How did he become a power hittin' poster?