Wide Screen IPOD NOW!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am so tired of waiting for the new Video IPOD! When is it going to come out. I could care less about the Iphone, 8 gigs isn't doing it for me. I don't want to buy the exisitng video ipod, because the new one was supposed to be coming out. I just might have to get me a Zune!.... Not that desperate yet! Come on Apple release it already!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    I know. The cruelest thing about the unveiling of the iPhone was that horrible word "June."

I suspect we won't see the new widescreen iPod (running OS X, mmmmm!) until summer/early fall.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvteacher View Post

I could care less

You couldn't care less!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I feel you're pain tvteacher. I really do.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    When it does come will you guys be willing to pay the $400 it will likely cost?
  • Reply 5 of 15
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

If it's got 100 GB + for storage I would be more than happy to cough up a lung for it
  • Reply 6 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

If it's got 100 GB + for storage I would be more than happy to cough up a lung for it

lol lol
  • Reply 7 of 15
    There's no market for 'proper' video devices. There are plenty of portable video devices out there already, and they don't sell. For every video device I see being used on the train to work in the morning, there are 200 or more iPods (audio).
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I would gladly pay $500 if it works with AppleTV and I have 80 gigs of movies, television shows and podcasts that would say there is more than a need for such a device.

You know it exists. They wouldn't have made it a feature of the IPhone if it didn't.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Don't worry It will be here soon -
  • Reply 10 of 15
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

That's going to be a tough choice. I'd *love* to get an iPhone, but I can only justify $500 if it replaces my iPod, and it's going to be really hard to go from my 4th gen 20GB model to just 4GB (ouch!).

At the same time, I think you're right that the widescreen iPod will start at $349... maybe even $399.

So I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm getting restless for a new iPod (current one is just about full, a bit glitchy, and I'd like to have video) but as soon I saw the iPod UI on the iPhone I knew there was no way I would buy the current 5.5G model.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    iPod, not IPOD

• Reply 12 of 15
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krispie View Post

There's no market for 'proper' video devices. There are plenty of portable video devices out there already, and they don't sell. For every video device I see being used on the train to work in the morning, there are 200 or more iPods (audio).

I don't even care if they pulled it off by just pushing down the click wheel like zune, I just want something with bigger than 2.5 inch screen.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

I'm getting restless for a new iPod (current one is just about full, a bit glitchy, and I'd like to have video).

I got my first (and only) iPod for Christmas. I had never used ANY iPod EVER, prior to this. I am a self confessed idiot when it comes to computers, who happily makes do with a 1.1 USB (and have no interest in exchanging my 6 year old PC for a Mac).

Yet even I was able to transfer 10 DVD's lasting roughly 2 hours each in top quality, (and still have 72GB of room left for CD's) on to my 80 GB iPod by Jan 2nd, using free software downloaded from the net. My iPod could not be more simplistic to operate. My point being that you are seeing what you want to see, it is your own negatively reinforced perspective that needs to change (not your iPods functions), such post purchase dissonance is a marketing trap, one you seem only too happy to unselfconsciously walk into. Perhaps you have secret cravings for a Zune?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    b3ns0nb3ns0n Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I feel you're pain tvteacher. I really do.

I also agree that you're a pain, tvteacher.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    The 'true' widescreen video iPod was delayed a few weeks. It will be shipped later this month. Oh yeah, it has a different name.