Anyone using ThinkFree Office?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This appears to be a MS Office alternative that Apple seems to be clandestinely pushing. However, I read that it's 100% Java based and in my experience, Java apps are slow as hell and totally unusable.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Is it slow? It seems to take its time to launch, but once up, it works fine. However, the pleasure of not having any MS Office products on my TiBook more than makes up for the slight hassle of the delay.

The only problem I've had so far is the Excel equivalent app is not always able to open documents created in Excel (on a PC).

The concept is great, and I hope there will be further improvements and refinements soon so all OS X users can have a cheap and reliable alternative to MS.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    When I first heard about this I bookmarked the site but never looked into it anymore. I figured that the next time I actually needed to use Office I would get that instead, but the moment hasn't arrised yet. And with my experiences, Java apps are slow *limewire*. If it's as slow as Limewire, which I gave up on in 20 minutes or so, I don't think I'd like it, but maybe it's time I checked it out.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    It's only slow to launch. Once the app is up, it runs just as well as any other application.