IBM is going to do what?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was doing some research and had a fellow tech geek tell me that IBM's are going to put an OSX emulator on their Windows machines. I feel this is a bad idea if it is the case. Anyone else over hear this also?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    License breach. They can't.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Not to mention that IBM sold off it's PC division to Lenovo a while ago, and the only PC they still make is the IntelliStation workstation.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Not to mention that IBM sold off it's PC division to Lenovo a while ago, and the only PC they still make is the IntelliStation workstation.

It would be sort amusing after totally under-performing and screwing up the development of PowerPC chip that IBM would build an OS X emulator for a meaningless line of computers! But I don't think the story is true.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    So, I looked into it further, and according to Slashdot.org, they actually will be installing Linux on PC's, vice BSD, which as we all know where OSX originally came from. Mis-informed, but at least it's an alternitave to the hoarding masses who worship the Borg-like conquest of Not anymore Micro-soft.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    Linux has been offered on some IBM server machines for a long long time now. Its no surprise that they may offer Linux on desktops too.