thoughts on a "dark" colour scheme for leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
previously i had thought that it would look very slick and cool, but i installed a new shapeshifter theme called "kuro" (a black theme) and i must say it's.... too dark! i'm not sure what it is but despite looking quite nice, it's not pleasant to work with. very nice theme though, but i think if it was the look of the whole operating system it would be hard work!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I personally don't think it will be dark like you suggest, it think it will be white, but with some black gloss.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    How about a dark grey/blue scheme like the 'welcome to 2007' banner apple.com had on it's website at the start of the year? I think that would work really well, and maybe it was a clue to the interface.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by googleplex View Post

How about a dark grey/blue scheme like the 'welcome to 2007' banner apple.com had on it's website at the start of the year? I think that would work really well, and maybe it was a clue to the interface.

I agree.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    well the black is certainly gone now. dark grey/blue sounds ok, so long as it's not the darkness!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I look forward to a darker color scheme but not TOO dark.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post

I look forward to a darker color scheme but not TOO dark.

I agree, I like the video of the X on the Leopard preview home page, and it is exactly how I picture Leopard--glossy, dark, metal. But notice it is not actually very dark despite how it first seems, so... not too dark.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    tankgunktankgunk Posts: 43member
    I would personally like to be able to change the color. Not with schemes, but a color picker. So you could go into the control panel, and choose any color, and the UI would look the same, but be a different color.

Sorry if that makes no sense, my communication skills in general are pathetic.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tankgunk View Post

I would personally like to be able to change the color. Not with schemes, but a color picker. So you could go into the control panel, and choose any color, and the UI would look the same, but be a different color.

Sorry if that makes no sense, my communication skills in general are pathetic.

you mean like... Vista??

lol
  • Reply 9 of 11
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by illutionz View Post

you mean like... Vista??

lol

Is it like Vista with the pathetic communication skills or the color picker?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I thought showing this site at this topic would be a good idea...

http://phillryu.com/2006/07/26/fake-...he-real-thing/

:-D Some of these people have really good ideas.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macintosh_Next View Post

I thought showing this site at this topic would be a good idea...

http://phillryu.com/2006/07/26/fake-...he-real-thing/

:-D Some of these people have really good ideas.

Those are really sweet! Some great ideas. I have a feeling that comparing to these ideas, Leopard will be about as "Wow" as Vista... Which is to say, not so very...