AppleTv in Apple stores

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When ever the AppleTv is shipped, how is it going to be displayed in stores? On a tv or monitor? Maby a Apple HDTV of some sort8) . Other wise they would have to make a deal with someone. If average consumer is going to buy the AppleTv, they are going to want a display as well. It is the next logical link in the chain. Just a idea.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Isn't the logical link that it's supposed to work with your existing (if fairly new) TV? Or any off-the-shelf (recent model) TV ?

In the store they could just have it "playing" on an Apple Display (current or "new" model.) And I'd bet that's what you'll see in the Apple Stores... In Best Buy, it'll probably be playing to a 65" 1080p LCD And if you fork out the $5500 for the TV, they'll throw the AppleTV in for free
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Isn't the logical link that it's supposed to work with your existing (if fairly new) TV? Or any off-the-shelf (recent model) TV ?

In the store they could just have it "playing" on an Apple Display (current or "new" model.) And I'd bet that's what you'll see in the Apple Stores... In Best Buy, it'll probably be playing to a 65" 1080p LCD And if you fork out the $5500 for the TV, they'll throw the AppleTV in for free

do those Apple Display's have HDMI or component inputs?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    theyre using sony bravia dislays
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post

do those Apple Display's have HDMI or component inputs?

I dunno... and I'm too lazy to look it up ... maybe the "new" ones will ??
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

Apple Stores have received 32" Sony Bravias to display all of Apple TV's goodness.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

I wonder if that endorsement has anything to do with getting Sony movies onto the iTunes Store.

I prefer Philips.