When is DiskWarrior 3 coming out?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Alsoft announced this software in July, with a September release target, but I can find no word whatsoever of when it is actually coming out. I would love to switch from Norton -- just not to a new Classic only utility, which is what DiskWarrior 2.1 is.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I haven't heard anything, but given that OS X is a whole new beast, and Diskwarrior is the kind of application that you really, really don't want to rush out the door, I'd be patient with any delays they're having.

I'm sure no-one would like to see DiskWarrior out the door sooner than Alsoft. But they have a lot on their plate - including, for example, the fact that Apple has started taking advantage of VFS to roll all kinds of new capabilities into the filesystem (starting with journaling).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Last I'd heard, Alsoft pushed the release date back to January.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Hmmmm . . . I had forgotten about file journaling. That would definitely make for some sleepless nights at Alsoft!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I can't wait though. DiskWarrior and Data Rescue are pieces of software that not only save your ass, they also don't cause any FURTHER trouble! *cough* Norton, Micromat, *cough*...