No longer connecting to my usual wireless signal

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I dont know what i did but i somehow wont connect to the wireless signal i have always used. It is my own modem/router and none of the net settings changed. When i try to connect it gives this message

"the selected network uses an access control list to retrict access and this computer is not on this list"

If nobody knows how to fix this... is there a system restore that can bring the settings back a day or two similar to a PC?

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Someone has accessed the router and changed the security settings. If you left the default password in place, some other person could have connected to it and messed around with it. Reset the router - there will be a button round the back that when pressed and held, will reset the router.

Without further information, it's hard to be exact. Refer to the router's manual.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yup. didnt think it would be something that easy... but it was.

reseting the router/modem worked.

thanks a bunch
  • Reply 3 of 4
    This time round, employ the appropriate security measures - use WPA encryption at the least.

It's not merely an issue of someone fiddling with it - people using your internet connection present a huge security risk.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Yeah, use WPA2 if you can actually. WEP probably won't work if you installed that Turd Security Update (if you are on an Intel based Mac) for the Airport Extreme.

Sebastian