Powerbook G4 1.67 Won't turn on

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys,

A little freaked out here, hopefully someone can give me some direction.

Ok this morning I was working normally with my Powerbook G4 1.67 1.5gig of Ram. I had just disconnected my power adapter to power my ibook and my Powerbook was running of battery for about 15 minutes or so. I was running Firefox in the back ground, and downloading a asf file from a site. My main program at the time was Age of Empires 3. after the 15 minutes or so the computer just went black like it does when your computer battery runs out and goes to sleep. The white light at the front of the computer was on as normal. There was no sound or anything to make it seem like it was anything drastic that happened. So I just left the computer off to the side, and later when I went to turn it back on after charging for 20 minutes or so, i got absolutely nothing. It would not power up at all. I tried to reset the PMU and that didn't work. So then i let it charge for about 5-6 hours and the battery lights when i pressed the button on the battery showed a full charge and the adapter showed a green light. But the computer still would not power up. nothing happened, not a sound or signal that it was attempting to power up.

Now is there anything that you guys can think of or heard of that would cause. My problem is I live in Brazil and I do not have the normal avenues of fixing things, Apple store or calling Apple. I will call Apple eventually, but for now want to see if i can avoid the International Long distance charges. Thanks