What System Software are You Using

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
With Leopard hopefully upon us, I was wondering what version of OSX users are running (or are you still using OS 9). I will likely upgrade to leopard as soon as available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Tiger with an early lead. Anyboby not using Tiger? If so why.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I bought 10.4 about 8 months before I just recently installed it. Why did I wait so long and continue to use 10.2? When I update my Mac system software, then I usually have to update a lot of my programs, get additional drivers, and etc. Usually the cost of upgrading is a lot more that the cost of the current Mac OS. I have an HP scanner that runs on Mac OS 9.2 and HP choose not to update the drivers to OS X plus. So I'm stuck with a scanner that works well on OS 9.2 or buy a new scanner just because I upgraded to Tiger.

The great new is that all my software and etc works on Tiger and I didn't have to upgrade any programs or go looking for any drivers. A treat I'm not used to when upgrading my Mac OS, even though Windows get the rap for this kind of thing. Hopefully upgrading to Leopard will be as easy.

G4 Tower (466 Digital Audio) 6.2 years old. Waiting on Mac Pro and Leopard.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    tankgunktankgunk Posts: 43member
    Quote:

I'm technically using OS 9 till this summer, although my PowerPC hasn't seen power in a couple of months...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I couldn't vote as I'm using 10.4.8 on my MacPro because it came with 10.4, and 10.3.9 on my TiBook 867. There's nothing compeling in 10.4 that made me want to upgrade the TiBook. I am planing to buy 10.5, probably when it reaches 10.5.3, and run that on both machines.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    With all the visitors to this forum, I'm surprised there hasn't been more voters. As one might expect, Tiger is the leader by a large margin.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

With all the visitors to this forum, I'm surprised there hasn't been more voters. As one might expect, Tiger is the leader by a large margin.

I don't think visitors can post, which what voting is, unless they register. I've been curious for quite a while about the hign number of visitors but low number of registered users. It does make one wonder why the visitors don't register in order to add their own valuable input.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thanks for the reply. Since you run both .3 and .4 vote for the one you use the most.