Why cant i see where to get tv shows on itunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I cant seem to find anywhere on the itunes online store where i can get tv shows.

Is this dependant on what version of itunes i am running?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    on the left side there is a list of links including Movies, Music, and TV Shows.

I don't think it is dependent of the version you are using, because you would probably be forced to get the newest version of iTunes to get on the store.... however, you could run Software Update and see if that is causing any problemos.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    All i have on the left is

Music

Music Videos

Audiobooks

Podcasts

Ipod games

Pixar short films

No tv shows????
  • Reply 3 of 13
    You don't happen to say, live in London, do you?

Apple doesn't have rights to any U.K. TV shows, they can only distribute US shows in the US.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Yes as it happens I do live in london I just found out aswell the TV shows arnt going to be available to us UK users until maybe the end of next month. Bummer lol

Just out of curiosity how much do TV episodes cost? Are they charged per epsidode, is discount given for an entire series? How much are these? Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 13
    It's $1.99 for an episode, and generally around $34.99 for an entire season (generally 22 episodes in the US, so you save $10), unless it's something daily like the Colbert Report where its $34.99 for a few weeks worth of shows.

I imagine though that it, like most American things, is gonna be a lot more expensive in the UK, between VAT and other markups. We pay $0.99 for songs, and you pay something like .79 pounds?

Apple doesn't really have their international prices in order.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Yes individual songs are 79 pence.

I think as long as they keep the price of an entire series to under the price of the DVD box set price then they should go down a treat.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    May I ask is Family guy available on itunes video in the US?

If so up to which season do they have?

Do they have most big tv shows or is it limited? Thanks
  • Reply 8 of 13
    dutch peardutch pear Posts: 588member
    Hint: google for "tvrss". Then google for "transmission".

Disclaimer: this is totally legal in my country, check if it is in yours.....
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Sorry but i cant see what that has to do with my question?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    dutch peardutch pear Posts: 588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Sorry but i cant see what that has to do with my question?

You want to get TVshows on your computer, right? I was just suggesting that as you can't buy them online in your country yet, there are other methods to get some nice HDTV content on your Mac!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    You can get around this if you get a US credit card! My mate opened a US internet bank account, got a credit card and uses the US iTunes store. Download speeds are no different and he has all the films and US TV programs he wants.

• Reply 12 of 13
    Oh no i already get many as it is thats not a problem i mean what ones are available from itunes direct.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    I was talking about iTunes, go to the US store to see what they have. Too many to list here.