iTunes up the price?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am 90% sure that the 300 movie soundtrack on iTunes was $9.99 on Saturday... Now, I just checked and it's $11.99? If that is true that is crap, talk about supply and demand, and leveraging prices to make more money...anyone bought it for $9.99?

...Now this leads to me wondering how far away they are of implementing a tiered model service that the record labels want so bad? Would this be a good thing or bad thing? I am also wondering why iTunes doesn't have certain albums songs, etc. on sale for reduced prices like your standard brick & mortar stores do? Thoughts?...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubs23 View Post

I am 90% sure that the 300 movie soundtrack on iTunes was $9.99 on Saturday... Now, I just checked and it's $11.99? If that is true that is crap, talk about supply and demand, and leveraging prices to make more money...anyone bought it for $9.99?

...Now this leads to me wondering how far away they are of implementing a tiered model service that the record labels want so bad? Would this be a good thing or bad thing? I am also wondering why iTunes doesn't have certain albums songs, etc. on sale for reduced prices like your standard brick & mortar stores do? Thoughts?...

You a glass is half empty kinda guy I suppose.

The demand for 300 btw, was expected to be huge, so that dispels your supply/demand theory in terms of UPPING the price from $9.99. I don't know if it was 9.99 or not, but if it was...it has nothing to do with supply and demand... just a mistake I would guess.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

And btw...

It has 26 songs...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    whether it has 26 songs or not, that was not the point; I do suppose it could be worse, and split into two cds and double the price.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

whether it has 26 songs or not, that was not the point; I do suppose it could be worse, and split into two cds and double the price.

We'll it sort of IS the point because most CDs with 9, 10, 11 songs... usually no more than 12 sell for 9.99