recovering deleted Entourage email account

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited November 2015
If you deleted an Entourage-based email account (the thing that happens when you mean to stop your email client from checking an inactive account and mistakenly delete not the setting but the entire account, emails and all) would the data still reside in the Entourage main identitites database?

In other words, does deleting an email account just remove the links to the place in the Entourage main identities database where the account resides, or does it actually delete the relevant segments of the database (i.e all of the emails)?

If I wanted to check, is there software that could open the file as a text or database file? Doubleclicking just opens it in Entourage.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    I have seen this happen before do a check and see how big the database file is.

It maybe still there and or have been deleted from the database file.

I got lucky the last time it happened it was all still there.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Been out of town, and just saw your response.

How can you tell what's in the database file, without SW that opens it. (Entourage itself doesn't reflect the eixstence of the .Mac account anymore)

As for the size, isn't that meaningless, unless I knew how large it was before.

I have seen this happen before do a check and see how big the database file is.

It maybe still there and or have been deleted from the database file.

• Reply 3 of 4

Hii!! thanks of this thread...i was searching for the solution for this issue.....

• Reply 4 of 4

As we all know that Entourage is an email client application which may sometimes give some errors like this. To stay away from any recovery scenarios it is always suggested to keep a backup of each everything which means a lot for you. Well, if you are now looking for software that could open the file as a text or database then you can go for freeware recovery software that provides you the option to do so. In this case, you can also make use of Entourage Database Repair software to recover deleted Entourage email account with an ease.