AppleTV Question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a 42" LCD TV. It has DVI input.

If I can hookup my Macbook Pro using DVI and play movies out of iTunes, does AppleTV offer me any additional capability other than saving me the hassle of hooking up the laptop?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azcoder View Post

If I can hookup my Macbook Pro using DVI and play movies out of iTunes, does AppleTV offer me any additional capability other than saving me the hassle of hooking up the laptop?

You could sync some of your digital content to the Apple TV and watch it on the 42" while you check your email on the MBP :P
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azcoder View Post

The AppleTV is made for TV resolutions out of the box, so if you're getting any overscan (picture being cut off a bit) issues with your MacBook you won't have those issues with the Apple TV. You get the nice new interface, and the ability to store content so you can watch/listen when you don't have your MacBook handy. Mostly though, you avoid the hassle of pluggin in your laptop.