Revolutionary software idea? Got one right here.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Now, I don't know if this idea's been mentioned before here or not, but I think it's pretty brilliant. It's a combination of the Visual Voicemail feature and of away messages on IM software. You know how you normally set up your mailbox with an answering recording? Well, how about having a selection? Let's say you're mowing the lawn and you aren't taking your phone out with you, well, all you'd have to do is make a few finger taps, record a message like "hey I'm outside mowing the lawn, I'll get back to you later," save it, then use it. Then, when you're done, you can delete it, keep it, or just switch back to your default answering message. This is something I'd like to see in new software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Well I'm sure it's been done before, but I like it. I'm not sure if I'd call it revolutionary though.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padilla79 View Post

Now, I don't know if this idea's been mentioned before here or not, but I think it's pretty brilliant. It's a combination of the Visual Voicemail feature and of away messages on IM software. You know how you normally set up your mailbox with an answering recording? Well, how about having a selection? Let's say you're mowing the lawn and you aren't taking your phone out with you, well, all you'd have to do is make a few finger taps, record a message like "hey I'm outside mowing the lawn, I'll get back to you later," save it, then use it. Then, when you're done, you can delete it, keep it, or just switch back to your default answering message. This is something I'd like to see in new software.

Apple is doing something like this with iChat in Leopard.

Photo compliments of ThinkSecret
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cool, I didn't know that...put it in iphone