More Macbook Pro Problems

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello again. I have another problem with my macbook pro, in addition to the previous one that nobody was able to help me with.

I have gotten to the point where I turn on my mac, go to my main user, and there would only be a blue screen without any icons or my background loading. I have reset in single user mode and tried a few things, and mainly all I can accomplish is getting the log in screen to come up so that I can get to another user. I just logged into another user, and it turns out that my computer is now reading 75 GB of free space. So, if I have done steps 5-8 on this site: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106464, does that mean that not only is my harddrive entirely deletyed, but I cannot get the computer to still work?

I can't believe how unreliable this computer has been. I should not be dealing with this, and yet I am having more trouble with this Mac than any windows computer I have owned. I would like to mention that I have little 3rd party software, adn have no hacks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Try restarting holding the buttons "Apple-Option-P-R", waiting a few seconds until the unit chimes a second time before you let up on the buttons, and see if it makes a difference. If not, try rebooting again holding down Shift. If neither works, I would boot from your Restore DVD's and reinstall OS X, choosing to "Archive and Install".
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Have you contacted Apple support? What did they say?