Ipod Hi-Fi Update?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone know if the iPod Hi-fi is getting an update or anything like that anytime soon? I want to buy one within the next 3 weeks but i can wait a couple of months if there is an update soon.

I was looking to buy the Bose Companion 3 V2 setup but the hi-fi in one box, S/PDIF and iPod dock swayed me to the hi-fi. I definatly wont be going for the Bose Sounddock as it has no audio in as i plan to use the hi-fi mainly with my MacBook.

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Expect an updated design with some additional features, possibly fm tuner, posssibly wireless iTunes compatibility built-in and possibly a black version as well before summer. If I was you I'd wait, you'll only regret it. They'll use all the feedback they got to put in those features people craved, so you might get a great device, the first was decent, but this one will be quite a bit better I'd imagine. The even have a specific Hi-Fi feedback page which thousands of people including me have used over the last year to tell them what the Hi-Fi needed or what it was missing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i fully expect a home theater version of the hi-fi, works with your Apple TV, works like the Yamaha virtual home theaters. Would love that.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Perhaps the iPod Lo-Fi would be a good value priced addition.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the replies, I might just wait. I was also looking at the Bose Companion 3 V2 and that system looks really good and having listened to it in a Bose shop, it sounded great and was quite tempted ]!

But I think I will wait and see if Apple do give us an update because i really like the hi-fi, and even right now it is perfect I just cant decide.