Went down to my local futureshop today ...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I went to futureshop today to check out the macs and all, and as soon as i walked into the mac section, i see the 24 inch iMac. I was amazed at the size of the freaking thing. I started to drool a little bit. It was seriously astonishing and beautiful. Then i moved onto the macbooks. They had 2 white macbooks on display and a black macbook. I was not pleased at all. When i touched the macbooks it felt like cheap plastic and that experiance has made me decide upon the macbook pro. The next computer i checked out was the macbook pro with the 15 inch screen. The feel to it was much more professional, and it was beautiful. So i think i've decided upon getting the 17 inch macbook pro. I like the look, i like the feel, and i like the specifications. Of course i'm waiting until leopard comes out, and hopefully new hardware comes out.

Just out of curiousity, what upgrades to the hardware do you think apple will make to the macbook pro?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    LED backlit dispay for "much" better contrast.

Faster Santa Rose chipset and faster ATI graphics

FW800 inclusion.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

LED backlit dispay for "much" better contrast.

Should also improve backlight evenness, colour fidelity and power consumption.

Quote:

Faster Santa Rosa chipset and faster ATI graphics

Should also reduce power consumption.

Quote:

FW800 inclusion.

Don't we already have that?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    If I remember correctly, the MacBook Pros have 1 FireWire 400 port and 1 FireWire 800 port.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

FW800 inclusion.

My MacBook Pro has FW800...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Core duo mbps like mine don't have fw800 *sniff, sniff* but Core 2 Duo ones do.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Wow! my 15" PB G4 has fw800!!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

15" MBP CD don't have FW800 but the 17" does