No AppleTV music video party at my house

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well, I got my AppleTV and it's awesome. I'm building my media hub slowely and it's great to sit on the couch and just go through movies, music etc.

I've bought many music videos from itunes and they play great through the AppleTV. However...they don't play continously, one into another. I can only find 'repeat' in the AppleTV options, which I have turned on but still the music video plays one then goes back to the menu.

Sucks!!

What happens if you're having a party and want music videos running on the LCD. It's a pain to keep pressing 'play'.

Am I missing an option somewhere...maybe in itunes itself?? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Have you tried creating a playlist of your music videos in iTunes and play it back on AppleTV?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_Moriarty View Post

Have you tried creating a playlist of your music videos in iTunes and play it back on AppleTV?

Tried that. It didn't work. The playlist showed up, and I can play individual videos from the playlist, but the AppleTV did not go on to the next song when the first one was finished.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Tried that. It didn't work. The playlist showed up, and I can play individual videos from the playlist, but the AppleTV did not go on to the next song when the first one was finished.

I don't own an AppleTV so I don't know if such a feature exists. I had the same problem with my iPod video not playing video playlists correctly. The solution...turn off shuffle. After that it worked fine. Really weird.

Does the AppleTV allow you to turn off shuffling of playlist items?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_Moriarty View Post

Does the AppleTV allow you to turn off shuffling of playlist items?

Apple TV doesn't have a shuffle setting like the iPod. Instead it has a Shuffle Songs selection at the top of each playlist. Selecting this from a playlist containing only videos get a "Apple TV cannot play the current song." error message. Though you can play the individual videos in the list.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Apple TV doesn't have a shuffle setting like the iPod. Instead it has a Shuffle Songs selection at the top of each playlist. Selecting this from a playlist containing only videos get a "Apple TV cannot play the current song." error message. Though you can play the individual videos in the list.

Hmmm, seems like this is a problem a lot of other users are having. Check out this thread on Apple's discussion forums...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....0494&tstart=75
  • Reply 6 of 9
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    "Music Video Shuffle" is a must-have feature.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I ran across this problem today. What I found is that I needed to "re-link" my aTV with iTunes. I was playing from the library on the computer it syncs with and NOT from the music stored on the aTV hard drive. I went to SOURCES and changed it from my iTunes back to aTV. Then changed it back to my iTunes library. All seems to work fine now.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I wouldn't limit it to music videos. 'Play All' and 'Shuffle' should be options for all videos, whether I'm doing a music video compilation, Mad TV/SNL clip compilation, etc. This works perfectly in ElGato's EyeHome.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    zagmaczagmac Posts: 72member
    jrobe1111, can you provide more detail? I have had same issue as contained in this thread since Day 1. I've only ever viewed content from AppleTV HD, never via streaming. My issue is same as everyone else here. A visit to Apple Store in May resulted in every employee present consulting each other and concluding that continuous play of music videos is not possible at present.

Why oh why does my favorite company let me down like this? I can't imagine how many music videos I'd purchase from them if I could count on having continuous loop during parties.