Uhmmm... Help please where are Ghost Recon SaveFiles?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For Advanced Warfighter, I want to back up my save files. The thing is, I have no friggin' clue where it is. Searched various parts of hard disk on pC and Googled. No go.

Anyone has an idea, very much appreciated. Them missions are tough..!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Based on the info I can see, the game saves automatically at certain points and from this cheat:

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=20978

it seems to be in the profile XML file at:

C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\\Settings\\profiles\\graw_profile_defau lt\\
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Based on the info I can see, the game saves automatically at certain points and from this cheat:

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=20978

it seems to be in the profile XML file at:

C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\\Settings\\profiles\\graw_profile_defau lt\\

Thanks Marvin, that's cool. I found the profile.xml -- the link download readme.txt says something about .dsp save files but i'll hunt for that at some other stage. it looks like the profile.xml is the most important for the campaign stage, since, each time, your "team", "health", etc. is all "reset" whenever you restart parts of missions "save games".

Checkpoint-only saving is bloody annoying but it works alright in Ghost Recon, takes away a lot of the "bad habits" of the usual run-jump-blast ... oops I died... never mind quick reload to a point 5 seconds before I did that really stupid thing.

Initially annoying but after a while a real thrill trying not to get shot at all, sniping out people, knowing which weapons to select, and..... sneaking around..... somehow also it is very immersive....

OK yeah anyways.... OK thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Okay found it. The savefiles are savegame_*.dsl along with profile.xml in:

c : \\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\\Settings\\profiles\\graw_profile_defau lt

Sweet. No to restart from XP and go into Vista , zip it, and mail in to gDisk for backup. [my linksys PCI 802.11g works very well in Vista but not XP ...but of course games are smooth on XP, crap o Vista].