Ipod Apple Pixel

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello i got dead pixel on my ipod and i was wondering if apple would replace it? and i dont live near any apple stores so i dont know what to do??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    How old is your iPod and how did you buy it?

If it had the dead pixel on arrival, you could probably send it back for exchange. In the UK that's the law and they can't charge you for it (if it's within 14 days of arrival), but I think in the states they charge a 10% restocking fee.

If it just gained a dead pixel later, I think you're out of luck

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 4
    well i got it less than a year ago ..july. doesnt it have umm 1 year warranty?

i bough it at a store (best buy) if thats what you mean?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    It is my understanding that companies don't warantee displays against single dead pixels. I've never heard this in relation to mp3 players, but rather with monitors (which do, obviously, have a lot more pixels that could die). But if I had to wager a guess, it would be that you will just have to live with the dead pixel. Now if it was a row of dead pixels, you would probably have more luck.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Juventus17 View Post

well i got it less than a year ago ..july. doesnt it have umm 1 year warranty?

i bough it at a store (best buy) if thats what you mean?

That is what I meant -- if you bought it mail order and had only just got it, you may have had a chance.

Alas, I think you're out of luck. You could try massaging the pixel back into life -- some people have reported success doing that on laptops (although I've never heard of anyone trying on an ipod).