KILLER APP for the iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
What the iPhone truly needs to succeed, in view of its obvious disadvantages (high price, limitation to Cingular, small memory for music/video, lack of voice dialing, etc.) is a KILLER APP.

Such an app could well be DICTATION SOFTWARE (since a microphone is already present, and a stripped down OS X) . . . software that would let a user dictate an outgoing Email, or dictate text that could go into a rudimentary word processor (like TEXTEDIT), and thence to a memory file or, by any one of several means, go to a printer if desired.

Then that device, trademark issues permiting, could be renamed the POCKET MAC !

And perhaps that software could well be incorporated into LEOPARD, which would give it the boost needed to stand out as more than a slight improvement over TIGER !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    YEAH! Right ON!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlFeldzamen View Post

Such an app could well be DICTATION SOFTWARE (since a microphone is already present, and a stripped down OS X) . . . software that would let a user dictate an outgoing Email, or dictate text that could go into a rudimentary word processor (like TEXTEDIT), and thence to a memory file or, by any one of several means, go to a printer if desired.

Then that device, trademark issues permiting, could be renamed the POCKET MAC !

A-a-a-h-h, OK?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I agree alot
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I don't think the iPhone will have problems succeeding. But nice idea.