Imac G3 -shaky screen.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey, now don't laugh, we use modern macs at work too.....

Ok, I've got a old Imac G3 running 9.2 and the screen is extremely shaky, I think it needs to be de-magnitized but I don't know how, I don't even know if I can....

Is there a way to fix this or should the damn thing go back ontop of the shelves?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    If the whole screen is shaking, it is usually a failing component in the high voltage section. I'm afraid it needs to be repaired or replaced. Repair costs are usually pretty hefty.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

Hey, now don't laugh, we use modern macs at work too.....

Ok, I've got a old Imac G3 running 9.2 and the screen is extremely shaky, I think it needs to be de-magnitized but I don't know how, I don't even know if I can....

Is there a way to fix this or should the damn thing go back ontop of the shelves?

I agree with Ebby, don't even consider a repair. Get a new one. The high voltage section of the G3 iMacs suffered a lot from the heat inside the case - even though the iMac was convection "cooled", the temperatures inside were quite high.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    My MacBook started doing the same thing the other day, but only sometimes. Does anyone know what this could be?