PathFinder vs. Leopard

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just downloaded pathfinder, and it's awesome! It puts the regular Finder to shame. Seeing as I have 21 days to try it out, I'm sure I'll answer any questions I have about its functionality. The only thing about it that seems to suck right now is the fact that it isn't free

Still, I'm wondering how much Apple plans to improve the Finder in Leopard. Seeing as the top secret features have not been revealed, and that Apple is rumoured to drop the Finder altogether in favour of a Spotlight on steroids, I'm wondering if I should wait before dropping $35 USD.

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JavaCowboy View Post

I just downloaded pathfinder, and it's awesome! It puts the regular Finder to shame. Seeing as I have 21 days to try it out, I'm sure I'll answer any questions I have about its functionality. The only thing about it that seems to suck right now is the fact that it isn't free

Still, I'm wondering how much Apple plans to improve the Finder in Leopard. Seeing as the top secret features have not been revealed, and that Apple is rumoured to drop the Finder altogether in favour of a Spotlight on steroids, I'm wondering if I should wait before dropping $35 USD.

What do you think?

If you need it now don't wait till October. The finder will still be there maybe somewhat altered. Come on! Support your local software developer and pay the $35.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

Come on! Support your local software developer and pay the $35.

Local? Nothing in their contact us page indicates that they're based in Montreal or, for that matter, Canada.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    atlasatlas Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JavaCowboy View Post

Local? Nothing in their contact us page indicates that they're based in Montreal or, for that matter, Canada.

I'm pretty sure he meant "indepenent" or "small".