Roxio Toast Temp files

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently attempted to create a tv watchable dvd file from a .dv file using roxio toast titanium. When I started, I had about 2.6 gigs left on my hard drive and the .dv file I wanted to take off of a dvd-r and edit was about 2 gigs. I added the .dv file to the project in Toast and then decided to go another route so I closed the prgram without saving. Now my hard drive has a roxio toast temp file (~2.1G) taking up all the space. When I open up Toast, it is nowhere to be found and I can't find it anywhere else. I've tried searching the hd by name, size, date, and nothing comes up. Any ideas on where I could find the file? Thanks.

P

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    It's usually in one of the temp folders. If you use the Finder go menu and go to /tmp and hit return, it could be there or it can also be in /var/tmp.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    phullphull Posts: 2member
    Still no luck. I looked in those folders and there was nothing. This is a complete mystery. If anyone else has any ideas, I would love to hear them.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Your best bet is to use a program like Whatsize:

http://www.id-design.com/software/whatsize/

It should tell you where you are losing space. It's maybe in a cahes folder or something I can never remember because every program has different places they like to use.