Digital Camera MUST be coming...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From the Time Canada article:

[quote]Here's how it works. Take digital cameras, which sold even better than retailers expected in 2001, despite the recession. "The problem is," says Jobs, "the minute you plug them into your computer, you fall off a cliff. It's just a complete mess on the computer. We decided that this was our calling-a place where we can really make a difference."<hr></blockquote>

Okay, do you think Jobs is going to take a Digital Elph and make it work with Image Capture/iPhoto? HELL NO! Whole widget, baby, just like the iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    that would just seem like a bad idea. cameras and such get updated so often with higher and higher res. the camera itself is not the difficult part of the equation. its beed the picture management that has sucked and which apple can make much easier. it seems a bad road to go down getting into all appliances.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Well, they've done a pretty good job so far supporting 3rd party cameras with Image Capture.

Still, as someone who owned a QuickTake 100, I'd really love to see Apple's version of a digital camera "done right".

And, it's about the only thing that I really NEED right now.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Sure, but not tomorrow -- er, today. If they had one ready they would mention it with iPhoto. Silly not to.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    It's not silly. It's a great idea. I also heard about a video camera. They don't have to be hi end just easy to use cool looking devices.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I am SURE it is just iPhoto..But, I am pretty excited about it.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    The story ONLY talked about the iMac and the software BUNDLED with the iMac. Nothing else.

So nothing else will be at the show? Please
  • Reply 7 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I dont think it makes sence for apple to make a camera. It would make more sense to make a device that acts as a gateway between your computer and camera, kinda like media converters. The difference is that it could have a HD so you can take it on the road and d/l the pics onto it. Video out so you can do slideshows from it straight to the TV would be a good idea as well.

Making the camera would take too much R&D and they wopule be outclassed by companies like Cannon and Sony which already do a pretty good job with their cameras. If apple made a device that could work together with these cameras, thats where the money is. PLUS you could sell it to people who already have cameras! BIGGER MARKET.

-Paul
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>The story ONLY talked about the iMac and the software BUNDLED with the iMac. Nothing else.

So nothing else will be at the show? Please </strong><hr></blockquote>

no just the camera idea. this is b/c he mentions iPod and its compatibilty with iTunes. if there was something that was compatible with iPhoto he would ahve mentioned it.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    you never know there is ways around the tech updates (resolution, etc.) I mean try this site, <a href="http://www.geocities.com/jprini/archives/121801.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/jprini/archives/121801.htm</a>; , he intergrated the ipod tech. with a removeable cam, just think then you get the storage ability of the ipod (5gigs, compared to 128-256MB etc)right now the largest storage is the ibm microdrive at 1 Gig. You just never know...do you :eek: :eek:
  • Reply 10 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by carnagex:

<strong>you never know there is ways around the tech updates (resolution, etc.) I mean try this site, <a href="http://www.geocities.com/jprini/archives/121801.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/jprini/archives/121801.htm</a>; , he intergrated the ipod tech. with a removeable cam, just think then you get the storage ability of the ipod (5gigs, compared to 128-256MB etc)right now the largest storage is the ibm microdrive at 1 Gig. You just never know...do you :eek: :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

With my way (converter) (see above) you get the capacity but people wont have to buy an Apple digital camera, they can choose from the TONS of options out there that are the best for them. Also it doesnt leave current digicam owners in the cold...