A question for anyone who has played Age Of Empires 2 on an iBook

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was thinking about picking up a copy of Age Of Empires 2 - I was addicted to it on the PC and I would like to have it for my iBook.

However, I was wondering if the intensive arrow key/ trackpad control scheme was tolerable on the iBook. Is it just an invitation for frustration, or does it actually work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Well, as I was firing it up this very evening, I decided to quit it unplayed as I just didn't want to face the trackpad problems. I mean, I did play Warcraft II on my old powerbook G3 with the trackpad, and didn't mind it, but somehow, I have told myself I would have to get a mouse to play AoE right.

So, depending on how used you are to the trackpad (I am quite used to it, haven't used much else the past two-three years), you might be satisfied with it (I wouldn't say happy though).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I used to play it with the trackpad. It was usable, but not the best combo. Don't count on doing a whole lotta micro-managment with that. Get a real mouse if you wanna do some serious playing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I've played it a ton on my clamshell.

The trackpad was fine for everything except wall-building. That took some patient work.

If you like the game I would say it's worth it.

Jeff

PS-If anyone else is still playing it was updated this week. The patch is up on versiontracker.

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>