http://www.apple.com/getamac/

It wasn't released with the other most recent ads: Flashback and Computer Cart

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member

Computer Cart is h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s.

• Reply 2 of 8
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    My partner just yesterday got a new Dell laptop with XP on it. After about 20 minutes of the first-time startup stuff, we were waiting for the Desktop to appear. I said, well, let's see how much crap is on this brand new laptop. He didn't know what I meant so I told him he would have a bunch of trial software or 3rd party software icons on his desktop when it came up. And lo, there were 9 of them.

Ten minutes later I was browsing on my Mac and wandered over to the Apple site and saw this new ad. I was like.....

BTW, it was only about 15 minutes before he had his first system freeze and had to reboot.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I seem to recall that there's trial versions of Microsoft Office and iWork on many of the current Macs. While that doesn't make a new Mac as bloated as a PC, Apple should be careful with this ad.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I seem to recall that there's trial versions of Microsoft Office and iWork on many of the current Macs. While that doesn't make a new Mac as bloated as a PC, Apple should be careful with this ad.

The big difference, in my mind, is that Apple's pre-installed trials are easily removable.

And Microsoft Office is not crapware like you get on PCs.

And neither is iWork.

Both are productivity suites.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

The big difference, in my mind, is that Apple's pre-installed trials are easily removable.

And Microsoft Office is not crapware like you get on PCs.

And neither is iWork.

Both are productivity suites.

True that. Most of the crap that comes on PC's are like.. AOL... some crappy games. umm.. anti-virus (people still use anti-virius??) anyway, last i heard, there is a company out there called falcon nw . they are like alienware pcs cept.. not owned by dell. and they do a clean install. thank god someone out there isn't all about every last penny they can grab..
  • Reply 6 of 8
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    The trial apps that come on Macs do not run in the background; that's the difference.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Yah iWork and Works are helpful, aren't on your desktop, don't alert you that you have them every two minutes, and are generally used (I think). Much better than 9 icons on your desktop when you boot your computer.

Yah Falcon has been around for a while. Great company. Also Voodoo makes powerful PCs.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

It wasn't released with the other most recent ads: Flashback and Computer Cart

For those who think Apple's ads infuriate Windows users with their perceived arrogance, think again. My oldest son is a structural engineer and works 10 hours a day with Windows. He thinks the ads are hilarious and, more to the point, dead on in their portrayal of life in the Windows world. Only die-hard Windows fanboys are ticked off by these ads and they're not going to switch anyway.

Keep up the good work Apple! Rub their noses in it.