Buying a Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'll be a freshman in college next year to study Film. I'm going to need a MacBook Pro, I just need to know what version to get. Here are my questions:

1. Does the MacBook Pro have a Digital Video input and software to capture Digital Video out-of-box?

2. I need to have a Windows OS on my Mac, I know there are a few ways to do this (Boot Camp, Parrallels, etc.), but what is the best way? Also, XP or Vista?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    As far as Macbook Pro and video goes.. I suggest the 17" and load it up with ram.

It has a firewire port, and most all video capture devices today that are worth it run off Firewire. With video, id suggest also using bootcamp but by the time you go to be a freshman.. most likely leopard will be released and they are said to have a multi-booting solution for us all..

oh.. and XP.. no explanation really needed. just XP. vista is crap and a resource whore..

As for software, It comes with iMovie which isn't... bad. but if your lookin for more of a prosumer aspect. I'd suggest uping the ante by either grabbin final cut express or go balls to the wall and grab final cut pro. Thats what i use and i never look back..