F/S JVC 52-Inch BRAND NEW PLASMA TV .......$600 Nokia N95.......$280USD

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Why, why, why do we not yet have some sort of 5-10 post requirement before a user (ie: spammer) can create a new thread???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post

Why, why, why do we not yet have some sort of 5-10 post requirement before a user (ie: spammer) can create a new thread???

That's a good idea. I think a rule where you can sign in, logon, setup your profile, and all that other stuff, but you can't post for 24 hours or even just a few hours would stop a lot of it from happening too...but a lot of people would kick scream, cry and moan about it. It's ok, because I'm already registered
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    But I don't think someone should have to post 5 times just to ask a question. I've seen lots of people sign up just to ask a specific question. We don't want folks posting to existing threads with "Blah...here's my 1st response so I can start a thread", "Blah...here's my 2nd response so I can start a thread"...and so on.

Someone had the good idea in another thread of using a Capatcha. Maybe this should be required to start a new thread. Assuming it's a bot or something.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

But I don't think someone should have to post 5 times just to ask a question. I've seen lots of people sign up just to ask a specific question. We don't want folks posting to existing threads with "Blah...here's my 1st response so I can start a thread", "Blah...here's my 2nd response so I can start a thread"...and so on.

That's a good point. My spammer anger got the better of me before I thought my original rant through.

Some sort of CAPTCHA type test on registration does seem like a better route to go.