So who's going to install the Leopard Beta?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Who plans to get in early and install the Leopard Beta? I for one can't wait much longer to try it out, and I need to erase-and install anyway to merge some partitions. It's easy to register as a developer with Apple and if you can't get it through them I'm sure the beta will be torrented. Anyone else planning this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Nope, if I was I'd put it on an external and boot from that. I wouldn't overwrite my main system with a beta version. I have a free external drive so I might do it actually. I usually wait on the final version but as with CS3, I've been waiting too long.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Who plans to get in early and install the Leopard Beta? I for one can't wait much longer to try it out, and I need to erase-and install anyway to merge some partitions. It's easy to register as a developer with Apple and if you can't get it through them I'm sure the beta will be torrented. Anyone else planning this?

DId they announce something? There is no public beta that I know of.

ADC "online" (free) accounts do not get access to the pre-released software page like Select ($500) and Premier ($3500) do.

You don't want it anyway, not in its current shape. Unless you like crashing every few minutes. The Finder isn't changed at all from Tiger (yet).

EDIT: Oh and you need a dual-layer DVD burner unless you want to play musical partitions with three partitions.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

DId they announce something? There is no public beta that I know of.

ADC "online" (free) accounts do not get access to the pre-released software page like Select ($500) and Premier ($3500) do.

You don't want it anyway, not in its current shape. Unless you like crashing every few minutes. The Finder isn't changed at all from Tiger (yet).

EDIT: Oh and you need a dual-layer DVD burner unless you want to play musical partitions with three partitions.

We know. If you're going to WWDC '07 the beta will be part of the bag.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

We know. If you're going to WWDC '07 the beta will be part of the bag.

Yes, but the OP mentioned Torrent, so he isn't going to WWDC apparently.

Even if WWDC attendees wanted to post about it, we can't allow that.