You ain't seen nothing yet!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
By pre releasing the iMac, Apple has pulled the most fantastic PR coupe. The Time article lacks details so well and yet it is spread over six pages.

Is it detachable touch screen?

Can you swap screens of different sizes?

Is this completely wireless?

System bus speed?

Also, now that the iMac is out of the way, Steve has a full floor to show of that Home Entertaiment hub touted bt TechTV.

Very clever, and yet new possibilities.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Very, very true indeed. (At least it looks pretty much that way. )
  • Reply 2 of 23
    vikramvikram Posts: 18member
    You also might have noticed that Keyboard and Mouse are missing from the Time Canada photos. All points to a very controlled PR excercise.

And now, after the teaser, both the articles and the photos are pulled from Time web site.

By now all will be available from multiple forums on rumor sites.

Very clever.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    This whole thing reminds me of the simpsons (as many things do) when Homer throws the big steak to the dog that is runing down bart. The dog swallows the steak whole and coninutes on....

Well here we have a leaked iMac .. a very interesting leaked iMac .. and I'll i hear is you ain't seen nothing yet.

Sorry guys but I think will see bumps to the towers and maybe a Digital Device but this WAS BIG! Taste it. Chew it. Enjoy it. Or you may be disapointed tomorrow.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    pkpk Posts: 6member
    As Homer would say (Simpson that is)

"Its still good, its still good, its only a little prereleased"

No it isnt dad.

"I know"......

Steves gonna be breaking some balls tomorrow. I do still agree theres a "one last thing" with this new iMac.

PK

[quote]Originally posted by CyberZorn:

<strong>This whole thing reminds me of the simpsons (as many things do) when Homer throws the big steak to the dog that is runing down bart. The dog swallows the steak whole and coninutes on....

Well here we have a leaked iMac .. a very interesting leaked iMac .. and I'll i hear is you ain't seen nothing yet.

Sorry guys but I think will see bumps to the towers and maybe a Digital Device but this WAS BIG! Taste it. Chew it. Enjoy it. Or you may be disapointed tomorrow.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 5 of 23
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    I think it's all a ploy... Steve knows we aren't going to sleep till MacWorld so he just wants to entertain us...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    I think its real...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: FERRO ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Vikram:

<strong>You also might have noticed that Keyboard and Mouse are missing from the Time Canada photos. All points to a very controlled PR excercise.

And now, after the teaser, both the articles and the photos are pulled from Time web site.

By now all will be available from multiple forums on rumor sites.

Very clever.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is it available on newstands?
  • Reply 8 of 23
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Time is usually available on newstands in New York City late Sundays at Grand Central Station, Penn Station.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Its real alright and in the flesh its been printed

heheheh i wonder if mac guys are gonna hold up the article for steve to see at the keynote

I have a copy
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Unless the screen is detachable (as in take with you to class as a notepad) I see nothing revolutionary at all. The PC world has gone here before, and this is in no way beyond the rumor sites.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Steve comes out on stage and intros the new iMac like Al in Al's Toy Barn on Toy Story 2 once he doesn't have the Woody gang anymore...

"..and this is the new iMac... sigh... who cares anymore....."
  • Reply 12 of 23
    vikramvikram Posts: 18member
    Here is what Steve says:

Well, you have seen the new iMac. You also might have noticed how a french site has posted Power Mac line up. There is just a small mistake. Power Mac line up is actually the new iMac line up.

The point I am making is this: No one knows what is inside the guts of the new iMac. The entire story on Time now allows Steve to keep on Wowing us.

At the cost of repeating myself:

You ain't seen nothing yet!!
  • Reply 13 of 23
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by Vikram:

<strong>Here is what Steve says:

Well, you have seen the new iMac. You also might have noticed how a french site has posted Power Mac line up. There is just a small mistake. Power Mac line up is actually the new iMac line up.

The point I am making is this: No one knows what is inside the guts of the new iMac. The entire story on Time now allows Steve to keep on Wowing us.

At the cost of repeating myself:

You ain't seen nothing yet!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

But I've already seen too much!
  • Reply 14 of 23
    mspmsp Posts: 40member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>Time is usually available on newstands in New York City late Sundays at Grand Central Station, Penn Station.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bet this is the very reason why Jobs moved the keynote speach forward one day -- he knew all along that Time would be releasing their latest edition around this time.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I don't think the iMac was ever intended to be a show-closer. I think this would be the kick-off to the 2.5 hour presentation. There's still something in the wings, methinks.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    As much as I thought that It WAS a highly clever pre-release PR coup, I've had some sleep now, and I really can't see that Apple or Steve would do this. It really stinks of cock-up.

Can you imagine Steve willing to loose the knee-jerk reaction if it was shown first by him at MW. He would have got a 2hr standing ovation, I can't see he would give that up to Time previewing iMac on their website. It gives all the limelight to Time. Steve would have wanted that for Apple, (or himself).

I hope he screws them for million and then some. Perhaps he could get 5 years free advertising?
  • Reply 17 of 23
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    It obviously was a screw up. Time U.S. never switched over. Somebody in Canada is going to need a new job. Still a lot of details missing.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I think this needs to be repeated so no one is caught off guard here. The keynote is 2 hours long. It is not 2.5 hours long. They changed it a couple weeks ago. I have a feeling that a lot of people here are going to wonder what happened to the last half hour of the keynote. Spread the word. 2 hours.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Actually, the new iMac very appealing. However, I strongly doubt that its the whole show. In fact, since it has a G4, I now believe more than ever that the G5 will be introduced. If it is, then these two things alone will make it a great Macworld (as far as I'm concerned.)

- Mark
  • Reply 20 of 23
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member