Photoshop CS3 Extended

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Howdy.

I just recieved my copy of Adobe CS3 Web Premium. while all other apps seem familiar to me and eaqsy enough figure out. Photoshop has me stumped. I am used to CS2 and CS. Now, it seems to act like illustrator. What happened to this app? I can't even use it properly now.

Other than that, CS3 is pretty awesome.

Even on a Powerbook G4 1.67 with 2 GB RAM.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    i'm not sure i understand how you mean. i didn't find the changes between cs2 and 3 to be very significant at all. in fact, my workflow hasn't been interrupted at all by the switch. what specifically is causing you grief?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by admactanium View Post

i'm not sure i understand how you mean. i didn't find the changes between cs2 and 3 to be very significant at all. in fact, my workflow hasn't been interrupted at all by the switch. what specifically is causing you grief?

My fault. I apologize. I messed around with some stuff before I knew what I was doing.

Sorry for the confusion. PS CS3 X works just dandy (and familiar!).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    I haven't had time to get too deep into it - but I have a few gripes that I hope will get taken care of with a point release:

1. Changing the screen mode (pushing the f key) starts to fuck with exposé and the other images you have open "pop" on and off. I heard somewhere else it interfered with drag and drop between documents.

2. The new palette management is about 4 years too late, but is a huge improvement - however, in icon mode, I still do quite a bit of hunting for what I want - i don't find the icons very distinctive between each other. They should allow you to color code them, like they do with Menu items - that's very cool.

3. Raw converter. Fuck man, that was pretty sweet in the last version, but this new one (which does have improvements like calibration etc. is starting to show lag for adjustments - "fill light" for example takes 3 or 4 seconds to kick in.

4. Fading in and out when you switch apps. What is the point of this? If I'm really working and I have InDesign open, illustrator, Photoshop, Filemaker, email Capture one, Safari ( the biggest hog of all) the last thing I need is my App dragging on resources with useless fucking effects like fading in and out. WTF?

5. Flash CS3 - again hadn't had time to go into it too much, but now, when you drag the Action Script panel it will "POP" and the become transparant, and then when you let go, it "POPS" again. Fucking annoying beyond belief. I don't even want to move the fucking thing anymore. I do not see the benefit in having something turn tranparant when I want to move it - what is the point?

Speaking of Action Script - Action Script 3 looks like you need a PhD to learn. I was watching some of the movies on the Adobe site, and they recommended animating something on the screen and "Converting them to AS3 code" to help learn the new language. So I figured i'd start simple and animate a box move across the screen. Here is the AS3 code created:

import fl.motion.Animator;

var box_xml:XML = <Motion duration="30" xmlns="fl.motion.*" xmlns:geom="flash.geom.*" xmlns:filters="flash.filters.*">

\t<source>

\t\t<Source frameRate="12" x="83.5" y="197.5" scaleX="1" scaleY="1" rotation="0" elementType="graphic" symbolName="box">

\t\t\t<dimensions>

\t\t\t\t<geom:Rectangle left="0" top="0" width="87" height="87"/>

\t\t\t</dimensions>

\t\t\t<transformationPoint>

\t\t\t\t<geom:Point x="0.5" y="0.5"/>

\t\t\t</transformationPoint>

\t\t</Source>

\t</source>

\t<Keyframe index="0">

\t\t<tweens>

\t\t\t<SimpleEase ease="0"/>

\t\t</tweens>

\t</Keyframe>

\t<Keyframe index="29" x="390"/>

</Motion>;

var box_animator:Animator = new Animator(box_xml, box);

box_animator.play();

Anyhow, lots that I do like about it, and I'm sure most of this will get sorted out pretty soon
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thegarthegar Posts: 92member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post

4. Fading in and out when you switch apps. What is the point of this? If I'm really working and I have InDesign open, illustrator, Photoshop, Filemaker, email Capture one, Safari ( the biggest hog of all) the last thing I need is my App dragging on resources with useless fucking effects like fading in and out. WTF?

My thoughts also. It looks like a new fashion thing or something. Vista does it all over the place, too.

And it really works on my nerves. What's the point ? They at least could make it an option you could switch on or off in the preferences panel.