vista HP

bluetooth

McFee 36 month

T7200 CPU (2.0GHz)

256 ATI grapics card (x1400)

DVD re-writer

Big lump of sh*t

the list goes on :P

so in march or so i decided that i was going to keep hold of my laptop and buy another computer (desktop), i went through all options...BYO, dell...everything, i then decided on a 24" IMAC. I went into a reseller in edinburgh ( as ther are no apple stores ) and i saw the 24" imac, its stunning but i knew i should wait untill lepord. and so i could save pu the money :P (in uk its £1350!)

so then yesterday i had a random idear to get a macbook, i hate this laptop that i am on, (dell 9400) so to get the money for the macbook i though i could sell the 9400 (bought for £967) for about £700 and mabay put a few hundred or so toward the macbook. so i need a good place to sell the 9400, ebay, gumtree, anywhere! as long as i get a good price, and also advice on wether or not to tget the black one, also ovbiously wait untill wwdc?

thanks

Long time lurker, second time poster :P lol

EDIT: i like to play CSS ( counter strike source) will that be any good on the macbook witht he intergrated 64MB grapics?

EDIT 2: forgot to add i can get student discount

EDIT 3(lol): i heard somewhere that you can't use the isight camara for mac messenger? is this true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iwantamac! View Post

hey,

well i got a dell inpriron 9400 for my christmas,

17" screen

80GB HDD

2GB RAM

vista HP

bluetooth

McFee 36 month

T7200 CPU (2.0GHz)

256 ATI grapics card (x1400)

DVD re-writer

Big lump of sh*t

the list goes on :P

so in march or so i decided that i was going to keep hold of my laptop and buy another computer (desktop), i went through all options...BYO, dell...everything, i then decided on a 24" IMAC. I went into a reseller in edinburgh ( as ther are no apple stores ) and i saw the 24" imac, its stunning but i knew i should wait untill lepord. and so i could save pu the money :P (in uk its £1350!)

so then yesterday i had a random idear to get a macbook, i hate this laptop that i am on, (dell 9400) so to get the money for the macbook i though i could sell the 9400 (bought for £967) for about £700 and mabay put a few hundred or so toward the macbook. so i need a good place to sell the 9400, ebay, gumtree, anywhere! as long as i get a good price, and also advice on wether or not to tget the black one, also ovbiously wait untill wwdc?

thanks

Long time lurker, second time poster :P lol

EDIT: i like to play CSS ( counter strike source) will that be any good on the macbook witht he intergrated 64MB grapics?

EDIT 2: forgot to add i can get student discount

EDIT 3(lol): i heard somewhere that you can't use the isight camara for mac messenger? is this true?

You should wait untill wwdc for sure. And then more. Leopard isn't coming out untill october so you still have a long wait untill then. Seriously, it's up to you whether you get the black one or not. There's like a 50 dollar (cdn) price difference. If i was to guess, i'd say that it can play source, but you'd have to really cut down on the smoke graphics the shadows and stuff leaving the game looking like garbage in the end. The student discount will also decrease your price by about 200$ (cdn) which can never hurt and last but not least, you cannot use the isight cam nor any other cam in msn messenger as of yet because micro$oft hasn't added that option yet, but there are other programs in which you can get where you can use cam in msn.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:

i hate this laptop that i am on

From the spec, it doesn't look that bad. Is it Windows or the hardware that you don't like?

Quote:

I made a list of games that are playable:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=70500

The Steam Engine games play but you have to lower the detail a fair bit. I wouldn't recommend it for people who are into those games. If they update to Santa Rosa and the X3000 graphics perform to the preliminary benchmarks (about 3 times faster than the GMA) then that would probably be fine.

Also consider a refurb Macbook Pro. The X1600 GPU is pretty good.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thanks you have really answered a lot of my questions! What are people views on the apple finiance options?

Does anyone know if MS plan to include video conferecing there new version of mac messenger and if so when will it be avalible?

thanks for that games list, its very details :d you have both helped me alot :d

now just need to find somewhere to sell my laptop. To answer marvin's quesion, it is windows and the fact that the hardware weights a tone and looks horible.

thanks again everyone
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:

thanks you have really answered a lot of my questions! What are people views on the apple finiance options?

Does anyone know if MS plan to include video conferecing there new version of mac messenger and if so when will it be avalible?

thanks for that games list, its very details :d you have both helped me alot :d

now just need to find somewhere to sell my laptop. To answer marvin's quesion, it is windows and the fact that the hardware weights a tone and looks horible.

thanks again everyone

the reason MS will probably not, atleast for a long time, put video capabilities in their mac msn, is because they want to ruin the fun of having a mac. But there's many other solutions. For example there is mercury messenger, which allows you to use cam to cam via msn on a mac, and there is also some other one which i forget. just do a google searche for "msn cam to cam on mac", something around those lines. or you can just say, screw you MS, and use skype, which now has cam to cam from pc to mac.