I got my first mac and I am soooo excited!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My macbook arrived yesterday. I was one of the lucky ones that got the upgrade added even though I ordered before the annoucement. I know it's not much but hey when you get told your getting money back thats always a good thing!!!

All I need now if for the kids to nap and got to bed early so I can get really stuck in.

I am so excited. It's well worth the buzz!!

One small question is how to I view things a little bigger. Fonts are so small on the screen

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poppet View Post

My macbook arrived yesterday. I was one of the lucky ones that got the upgrade added even though I ordered before the annoucement. I know it's not much but hey when you get told your getting money back thats always a good thing!!!

All I need now if for the kids to nap and got to bed early so I can get really stuck in.

I am so excited. It's well worth the buzz!!

One small question is how to I view things a little bigger. Fonts are so small on the screen

just change the resolution.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Welcome!

To answer your question, I assume you mean the fonts under the icons on the desktop. For this, click on your desktop and then go to the menu bar and click on VIEW. Come down to SHOW VIEW OPTIONS. A menu will pop upo with Desktop at the top. You can set the font size here.

In each application there are different ways of adjusting the font size. Safari, for example, allows you to use Command plus/minus (on a MacBook keyboard you may need shift to access the plus sign). You can also go to the menu bar, VIEW annd choose make text bigger/smaller.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    poppetpoppet Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Welcome!

To answer your question, I assume you mean the fonts under the icons on the desktop. For this, click on your desktop and then go to the menu bar and click on VIEW. Come down to SHOW VIEW OPTIONS. A menu will pop upo with Desktop at the top. You can set the font size here.

In each application there are different ways of adjusting the font size. Safari, for example, allows you to use Command plus/minus (on a MacBook keyboard you may need shift to access the plus sign). You can also go to the menu bar, VIEW annd choose make text bigger/smaller.

Hi again. Thanks for the reply. the command + does work and that helps with the text in the webpages but for example on this site the new, forum text at the top of the page is tiny. When I read my mail the text is tiny. Any tips would be appreciated.

J
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    On the Menu bar...

Safari---Preferences---Appearance

There are two sets of fonts for you to play with. It won't do all pages well (some use images, not fonts) but should improve things a bit.

Mail---Preferences---Fonts&Colors

You can set fonts there as well.

Most apps have a help menu (the furthest to the right on the menu bar)... open it and type "font" into the search box.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Just to confirm, Rich-Myster piece of advice isn't the one you should follow, that will likely end up pissing you off. Command+comma is your friend.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Just to confirm, Rich-Myster piece of advice isn't the one you should follow, that will likely end up pissing you off. Command+comma is your friend.

Better yet:

Safari/Preferences/Advanced

Click to select checkbox "Universal Access", select the minimum font size that you want.

Cheers.