How badly is downloading from the iTunes Store for you right now?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When I went into the iTunes store for the first time using iTunes 7.2, I was given the opportunity to re-download 46 previously-purchased songs which I could now upgrade to DRM-free 256kbps files. I happily decided to make this purchase, at $0.30/song, last night around 10PM.

It's now past 8PM the next day, and 20 songs still haven't finished downloading. Downloads aren't just going very slowly, they're completely failing a lot too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see things running a little bit sluggishly, iTunes Plus being a new service and with lots of people probably trying to download updates all at once -- but this is really ridiculous. It's getting very annoying having iTunes bouncing up and down in the dock every few minutes or so as it keeps throwing up modal dialogs which have to be acknowledged and dismissed over and over again.

Is everyone (at least in the US, which I think is the only place with iTunes Plus yet) seeing downloads of all kinds going this badly? Is it just people downloading iTunes Plus stuff having problems? Is it just a few of us getting so much grief?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I had 18 that I could upgrade to and did so. Of the 18, 13 download almost immediately. The other 5 seem to be stuck. They are partially downloaded, but stuck. I've quit iTunes to see if that would free them up. Didn't work. 4 of them are from the same artist, "Maria De Barros", the other one is from "Audio Adrenaline".

On a side note, Apple must be making a killing right now with these up upgrades, I would guess that most people are upgrading, at .30 cents each... Wahhhhhhhhhh!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    As of now, I've still got 15 partial downloads that simply won't complete.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    I am having difficulty accessing the new shop to even see if any of my music can be upgraded. The connection is slow --- must be tons of people logging on right now.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    iTunes Plus is available world wide... and here in Australia i was having the same issues trying to download... took me a few days of errors before i got the abbum i was after.