Will Apple address the 7.2 error 3259?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
There are numerous reports about how long it is taking to download iTunes Plus songs. I have been waiting 2 days now for my EMI updates and a new album. The error reported is 'The network connection timed out' and then the err = -3259 is displayed in the Status coloumn next to your song.

I am new to the Apple culture. Is it normal for the company to remain mum on issues?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    over-demand?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Perhaps things are getting better. I still had 10 songs left to go this morning, out of 46 iTunes Plus updates from three days ago, and when I let iTunes resume those downloads and try again, the remaining 10 updated very quickly, in just 2-3 minutes I think. (I didn't time it -- I just know it was way, way faster than it had been.)

Finally it's all done. Perhaps now I might even dare to shop for new iTunes Plus music, beyond just these updates.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Mine poked along for two days getting constant errors.

Then this am someone must've flipped a switch because it's flying through the rest of the 170+ songs.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Not sure if it was Apple or if it was Windows but my Plus stuff is flying through now! What time EST did the downloads start working for you guys? I went into MSCONFIG and got rid of the startup stuff and non-msft services. That was about 10:00. Things are working great now.

Mr. Burt

• Reply 5 of 7
    I am not certain why Apple has not addressed this in some fashion. I have had the same issue with downloading Video. Music was no problem until I tried to download my 128+ songs yesterday. Part of the new ITunes Plus. That took me close to three hours with repeated stops and restarts. I have looked all over the web for resolution to this error, tried everything I can think of, but still no help.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Burt View Post

There are numerous reports about how long it is taking to download iTunes Plus songs. I have been waiting 2 days now for my EMI updates and a new album. The error reported is 'The network connection timed out' and then the err = -3259 is displayed in the Status coloumn next to your song.

I am new to the Apple culture. Is it normal for the company to remain mum on issues?

• Reply 6 of 7
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I am not certain why Apple has not addressed this in some fashion...

Still having problems? Everything got better for me by Saturday, but I haven't made any new store purchases since then to see if problems have come back again.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Yes, indeed. Music is fine but I am still having problems when it comes to the videos. TV shows to be exact. It appears to start a file 568 mb of... then hangs until I get the err. - 3259 error. Have done everything I can think of. I run ITunes dagonstics for the network and I get all green lights. I have done some application development and have run across network timeouts before. I had to do with connection speed being too quick, if I remember correctly. I am seeing this problem being discussed all over the web. You would think Apple would too.