New iMacs when? Possibly at WWDC?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Of course I'm waiting for the new iMacs so there are new MacBook Pro models released today. What do you think of the chances that new iMacs will be released next week at WWDC?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    jimurbanjimurban Posts: 20member
    VERY likely....er,probably....uh,possibly....ah,maybe.. ...shoot,who am I kidding,I have no friggin idea
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I think its gotta be WWDC really / hopefully! New design would be sick!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    logantlogant Posts: 60member
    I'm still staying cynical to not get my hopes up.

But they've been updating all these products before WWDC except for the iMac...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    With the Back to School promo having started today though, I wonder if we will have to wait for the promo to end before the new imac is released.???
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoganT View Post

But they've been updating all these products before WWDC except for the iMac...

They haven't updated the MacPro... (or the Mac Mini... though we know why there)... or the Xserve.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    kschererkscherer Posts: 79member
    iMacs will likely come at Paris Expo, or some other related thing going into the holidays, along with new iPods. I'd love to see iMacs or an ultraportable, but I don't think iMacs are gonna happen next week. Supply is just too good on them.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Why do people think that Apple hardware isn't going to be governed by Intel chipset releases? This isn't like the Motorola age when we didn't know when a speed bump or new generation of processors would be coming. Intel is very up front about their roadmap, and some kind of Santa Rosa iMac sometime in the next month is a no-brainer.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    kschererkscherer Posts: 79member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Why do people think that Apple hardware isn't going to be governed by Intel chipset releases? This isn't like the Motorola age when we didn't know when a speed bump or new generation of processors would be coming. Intel is very up front about their roadmap, and some kind of Santa Rosa iMac sometime in the next month is a no-brainer.

Absolutely true. And Apple will likely do it as an afterthought.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    logantlogant Posts: 60member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

They haven't updated the MacPro... (or the Mac Mini... though we know why there)... or the Xserve.

They have update the Mac Pro, in April.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoganT View Post

They have update the Mac Pro, in April.

That was merely adding a choice...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    archurbanarchurban Posts: 42member
    well, I don't mind because I remember something that Apple said before. they will bring out new product whenever they are ready. so I won't surprise even if Apple won't introduce at WWDC. obviously WWDC is totally different event from macworld anyway.

but there will be something certain. iphone, leopard, iLife, iWork. I think if they're willing to do that, it will be after WWDC. new imac will just come out website. that's all.