How do you become a Beta Tester?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I tried googling around but I haven't come across the information on how to become a beta tester for software such as future releases of OX X+

Do you need a .mac account to be invited?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    zoczoc Posts: 77member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macBlogger View Post

how to become a beta tester for software such as future releases of OX X+

You can't

During the private beta phase, only apple decides who can test the software. During the "public" beta period, you'll have to subscribe to an "ADC" contract. For example, "ADC Premium Membership", only 2500 $ (but this price includes a ticket for the next WWDC conference).

There are no public betas for OSX.

FYI : http://developer.apple.com/prereleasesoftware/
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Cheers Zoc, thanks for the info.

Can you lend me $2,500 please?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Actually a ADC select membership cost 599 US i've been doing it for years, you get all the betas and builds
  • Reply 5 of 8
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    They say they aren't inviting new members, we have to be invited from a member....as far as i'm concerned we should all be members. Anyone want to invite me?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

as far as i'm concerned we should all be members.

You do realize that it'll pretty much bar you from participating here?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    You know, that would make sense. They are more tight lipped than the govt, and yes you are right, a few bugs now and then may hamper my ability to actually use my computer.....hmmm choices...\
  • Reply 8 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silverboy31 View Post

Actually a ADC select membership cost 599 US i've been doing it for years, you get all the betas and builds

Select is US$499, and Student is US$99. You don't get betas with the latter, but you do get final versions of the OS, including a full installer DVD for every point release, which is nice. When Apple was doing annual releases of the OS for $129 and up, it was a no-brainer way to save some cash on the upgrades and get some perks in the bargain.