Scamming the system?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hmm, i really would like to either get the nano or the 200 dollars off the macbook pro when i get it. The only problem is, is that the deal ends september 16th. I don't feel like spending the extra money after i get the laptop to get leopard, but i heard that if you buy your computer and like a month passes and a new os comes out, they upgrade you for free.

Now, i'm thinking that if you buy your computer on the 16th, and if this upgrade thing exists, you can get your laptop, 200/nano discount, and get leopard a month later for free. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Well, I like your thinking but I doubt if that new os in one month thing is written in stone.

Here is my bottom line (since you asked):

You should buy a computer if you need it and wait if you don't. If the promotion pushes you over the edge, then take advantage of it. I, personally wouldn't wait 3 months to buy a computer I was ready for now on the hope that I could save $99 on the operating system upgrade.

If you are going to wait, why not wait 5 months for the next revision (and Leopard)?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    amomddyamomddy Posts: 1member
    avg free download

------------------------------------------

http://www.xmasdownload.net
  • Reply 3 of 3
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Well, I like your thinking but I doubt if that new os in one month thing is written in stone.

Here is my bottom line (since you asked):

You should buy a computer if you need it and wait if you don't. If the promotion pushes you over the edge, then take advantage of it. I, personally wouldn't wait 3 months to buy a computer I was ready for now on the hope that I could save $99 on the operating system upgrade.

If you are going to wait, why not wait 5 months for the next revision (and Leopard)?

ahh, i'll end up having to wait untill christmas mabye they'll have some new sexy laptop by then.