Weakest link

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Perhaps I'm wrong--but my feeling regarding the iPhone is that ATT wireless is the weakest thing about purchasing the phone--

If you look at Consumer Reports--ATT has generally the lowest coverage of any of the main cellular carriers--Verizon is generally the best--

I certainly would consider purchasing the phone--but I am very wary of committing to ATT for a 2 year contract.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

Perhaps I'm wrong--but my feeling regading the iPhone is that ATT wireless is the weakest thing about purchasing the phone--

If you look at Consumer Reports--ATT has generally the lowest coverage of any of the main cellular carriers--Verizon is generally the best--

I certainly would consider purchasing the phone--but I am very wary of committing to ATT for a 2 year contract.

I might suggest looking at your local coverage. If ATT is good in your area, why not go for it? It will only get better as time goes on as well, I am sure. Why would there ever be less cell towers than at present?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

I might suggest looking at your local coverage. If ATT is good in your area, why not go for it? It will only get better as time goes on as well, I am sure. Why would there ever be less cell towers than at present?

Assuming it is acceptable in my area--one of the reasons I want a phone is roaming--I have been stranded in the past with phone services that made it impossible to roam--Verizon has the best coverage--I am unhappy that a relationship with them didn't work out
  • Reply 3 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Perhaps I'm wrong--but my feeling regarding the iPhone is that ATT wireless is the weakest thing about purchasing the phone--

Two year contract text was eliminated from the commercials. It's possible no 2-year contract is needed.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Two year contract text was eliminated from the commercials. It's possible no 2-year contract is needed.

Even without the contract--If you were unhappy with ATT, you would be left with the phone and no or bad service--since no other carriers can link to the phone at this time..

I guess I will take a pass on an iPhone---I'm not going with ATT at this time
  • Reply 5 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Even without the contract--If you were unhappy with ATT, you would be left with the phone and no or bad service--since no other carriers can link to the phone at this time..

I guess I will take a pass on an iPhone---I'm not going with ATT at this time

From what I've heard, AT&T and Verizon offer almost equivalent services, and both AT&T and Verizon are better than virtually all other services in terms of reliability, value, and customer services. AT&T is bigger so you have the added benefit of being able to call more people for free (without wasting minutes), + home phones with AT&T for free (without wasting minutes). Also, AT&T and Verizon have literally the same price points for literally the same packages, except AT&T offers rollover in some packages and the cost of data packages can vary. AT&T has coverage in more places, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has better coverage -- I don't know.