Power Over Wireless Soon a Reality

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

This is pretty amazing. I know we talked about Tesa and power over wireless before, but this seems to be quite possible and safe to install for the masses. It has obvious and real practical potential. I liked the comment about the cell phone....if I had a nickel, as they say.

Your thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

This is pretty amazing. I know we talked about Tesa and power over wireless before, but this seems to be quite possible and safe to install for the masses. It has obvious and real practical potential. I liked the comment about the cell phone....if I had a nickel, as they say.

Your thoughts.

As long as the EM waves don't interfere with data storage devices it should be pretty useful. Even if it is just localized, it would cut down an enormous amount of clutter. I must have about 15 cables at the back of my computer - 7 of them are for power and I don't even have a printer or scanner.

Something definitely needs to be done. I'd quite like to see improvements made to batteries though. If they were somehow able to make devices to convert air into electricity, it would be even better because then any device could be run almost anywhere they'd need to be run and we wouldn't have to pay electricity bills, there would be no need for power stations, no power cuts and the products would work in deprived countries where electricity supplies would be lacking.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

As long as the EM waves don't interfere with data storage devices it should be pretty useful. Even if it is just localized, it would cut down an enormous amount of clutter. I must have about 15 cables at the back of my computer - 7 of them are for power and I don't even have a printer or scanner.

Something definitely needs to be done. I'd quite like to see improvements made to batteries though. If they were somehow able to make devices to convert air into electricity, it would be even better because then any device could be run almost anywhere they'd need to be run and we wouldn't have to pay electricity bills, there would be no need for power stations, no power cuts and the products would work in deprived countries where electricity supplies would be lacking.

Air to electricity? Mrrrmmpphhh?

But I agree this would be a great innovation. The back of my TV stand is a nightmare, for example. I can never find enough outlets for things and cords are disaster.

I wonder about the EMF effect on people, equipment, animals, etc. If Fido starts glowing, we have a problem.