Has anyone been able to run Flight Simulator X under Parallels 3.0?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone been able to run Flight Simulator X under the new Parallels 3.0? I'm not much of a gamer and actually mostly use game consoles for any gaming I do. Flight Simulator X is the one game I like. I figured with 3D graphics it would work under Parallels 3.0. I was able to install the game but then it said there wasn't a compatible graphics card driver for this game. I'm using a C2D MBP. Is there any type of graphics driver I need to play this game?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    "Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP1 does not work and its MS certified. The start screen loads but when you hit fly it crashes.

Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004 loads the start screen but the window that shows the aircraft that you have chosen is blacked out and when you start the game all you see is black."

This is taken from from a thread in Parallels' forums - here.

It's an exciting release alright, but with many issues. Best to wait a while.

Rich.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Get x-plane.

Its such a better simulator and its so much more open. It also comes with tools to expand the game by making new planes and such. It is alot more open than FSX. Also, it has the best community ever so if you cant make a plane, its most likely on their website.