Cannot logout

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I've been having trouble logging out of the administrator account recently. Usually I just get a message that the logout timed out. Sometimes I get the message that the application MirrorAgent cancelled the logout. Sometimes I get an Omni... cancelled the logout. A bit disturbing because I have no idea what either bits of software are--and this is my computer.

The only things I've seen about this problem suggest repairing permissions. I've repaired my permissions, but that doesn't seem to help.

Interestingly, I don't have any problem logging out of my guest account. It's just the administrator account that gives me trouble.

I'd appreciate any advice/info.

Thanks,

Philip.O

I should probably add that I'm using system 10.4.9 on an intel macmini.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philip.osaka View Post

Hi,

I've been having trouble logging out of the administrator account recently. Usually I just get a message that the logout timed out. Sometimes I get the message that the application MirrorAgent cancelled the logout. Sometimes I get an Omni... cancelled the logout. A bit disturbing because I have no idea what either bits of software are--and this is my computer.

To quit those processes you can go to Activity Monitor.app in the Utilities folder.

Select Active Processes from the menu near the top. Then click on % CPU. You should see all processes that are still active according to CPU activity. Look for Omni or MirrorAgent. Click on them and then click on Quit Process near the top of the window. The Activity Monitor will then ask you to Force Quit, Cancel or Quit the process. Click on Force Quit. Then select Shut Down? from the Apple menu again. Repeat if necessary.

Good luck, let me know if this helps or not.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

To quit those processes you can go to Activity Monitor.app in the Utilities folder.

Select Active Processes from the menu near the top. Then click on % CPU. You should see all processes that are still active according to CPU activity. Look for Omni or MirrorAgent. Click on them and then click on Quit Process near the top of the window. The Activity Monitor will then ask you to Force Quit, Cancel or Quit the process. Click on Force Quit. Then select Shut Down? from the Apple menu again. Repeat if necessary.

Good luck, let me know if this helps or not.

I tried this once and it worked, and though I was expecting to have to repeat this process every time, I stopped having log out problems after that.

Thanks a lot.

Philip.O