Apple Updates Website

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple has updated its website with a fresh new look... It's sweet..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Double
  • Reply 2 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jroller View Post

Apple has updated its website with a fresh new look... It's sweet..

Except... no dedicated Quicktime tab? WTF?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    OK, so you can navigate to the QT page via the "Mac" tab (it's just another product, now), and thence to the movie preview page on a less than prominent pane.

Movie trailer page massively redesigned. Looks like Apple is generally deprecating list views in favor of big honking images. Hmmmm........
  • Reply 4 of 9
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

OK, so you can navigate to the QT page via the "Mac" tab (it's just another product, now), and thence to the movie preview page on a less than prominent pane.

Movie trailer page massively redesigned. Looks like Apple is generally deprecating list views in favor of big honking images. Hmmmm........

Like you say 'big honking images' (), Stacks, Coverflow. Looks like it's closely tied to a very well known technology contained within a very well known phone.

I don't think it's wishful thinking. It's pointing in an obvious direction and I am all for it!!!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm glad Apple.com is adhering to the new influx of iPhone customers that are partially blind and at the same time suffer from the condition known as "hotdog fingers."

Bravo Steve.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Quote:

Yeah.. I did not like that decision either.

However, I have to say the search feature is quite impressive! It may be even faster than spotlight is on my desktop...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    God what's wrong with Apple. No release date for iPhone for the rest of the world; AppleTV that can only play music in the rest of the world - no movie store; and now we don't even get the upgraded website. Why not? Even if they're waiting for us to be nearer iPhone, it's meant to be released 'late 2007' which is within 6 months, and the US website got an iPhone tab back in Jan when it wasn't coming out until 6 months later.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

I love that decision, you can use iTunes for most of this now, and I LOVE THE NEW APPLE.COM
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Its all compacted on my shitty iBook g4 but it looks great on my new macbook pro.