Boot Camp - new faster restarts + safe sleep mode

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandau View Post

Is this new today or has it been in the description before? I just don't remember the Apple menu item being part of it.

This is new and is a pretty good feature IMO. It's still not quite the triple simultaneous running systems people were hoping for but it's an improvement as you can have a workflow set up, go to Windows for some app like a CAD program or whatever and bring the result back into OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    I didn't notice this in the previous boot camp (for leopard), but its on the site today. Sounds like an interesting restart into windows.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/.../bootcamp.html

Is this new today or has it been in the description before? I just don't remember the Apple menu item being part of it.

New, faster restarts.

Leopard brings a quicker way to switch between Mac OS X and Windows: Just choose the new Apple menu item ?Restart in Windows.? Your Mac goes into ?safe sleep? so that when you return, you?ll be right where you were. It?s much faster than restarting the computer each time. Likewise, a ?Restart in Mac OS X? menu item in the Boot Camp System Tray in Windows makes for a faster return to Mac OS X. With Windows hibernation enabled, you can pick up where you left off.