Leopard on current Macbook?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just watched the Steve Jobs Keynote at WWDC.....

Leopard looks great....and I am planning on getting a new Macbook.

BUT I was wondering, will Leopard run FULLY on a current macbook? Steve mentioned that Leopard was going to be fully 64 bit and that it will run on "MOST" macs being sold today.

I am worried that because the macbook doesn't have Santa Rosa like the MBP....that it will not run fully. Also if the integrated graphics in the macbook will exclude it running core animation.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

I just watched the Steve Jobs Keynote at WWDC.....

Leopard looks great....and I am planning on getting a new Macbook.

BUT I was wondering, will Leopard run FULLY on a current macbook? Steve mentioned that Leopard was going to be fully 64 bit and that it will run on "MOST" macs being sold today.

I am worried that because the macbook doesn't have Santa Rosa like the MBP....that it will not run fully. Also if the integrated graphics in the macbook will exclude it running core animation.

Thanks

Yes the current macbooks will run leopard, as you said fully.

If apple released Leopard and updated its whole line of computers that were the only ones that could run their new OS "fully" that would be the day that I stomp on my foot, smack the woman and kick the dog.

Also see the other thread Leapoord & 64 bit. As long as you have a maching that has an intel Core 2 Duo 64 bit is not a problem.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    hitbyhitby Posts: 38member
    I'm sure you won't need a 64bit processor to run Leopard, it will just run better with one. Coreduo, or even G4 would all be fine as well as the core2duos
  • Reply 3 of 12
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hitby View Post

I'm sure you won't need a 64bit processor to run Leopard, it will just run better with one. Coreduo, or even G4 would all be fine as well as the core2duos

Has Apple (Jobs) stated what the minimum Mac configuration will be to run Leopard. I've been looking and I haven't found it stated anywhere.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

Has Apple (Jobs) stated what the minimum Mac configuration will be to run Leopard. I've been looking and I haven't found it stated anywhere.

Check http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/13/...leopard-9a466/
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Null.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

...snip...

Time Machine will need an External HDD or Server.

Sebastian

So, not to be debate the differences, from what everyone seems to be indicating is that Time Machine will only work with an external hard drive and will not work with an extra internal hard drive (as in the Mac Pro with 2 or more hard drives)?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Null.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

So, not to be debate the differences, from what everyone seems to be indicating is that Time Machine will only work with an external hard drive and will not work with an extra internal hard drive (as in the Mac Pro with 2 or more hard drives)?

Quote:

Oh I didn't think about that... the point I was trying to make is that you'll obviously need an extra drive.

Sebastian

So how does Time Machine work with laptops?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Null.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

Airport Extreme!

Sebastian

Yeah, I get that.....I have 500GB of storage on my home network. But how will it continue to back up when I go out of town every weekend? Will all backing up stop during the weekend...or during a 2 week vacation? And when I get back home, then what? Some kind of mass sync up?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Null.