Coming: the Mac ultraportable ...with a 30" display!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Now this would be the right way to do an ultraportable.

Explay OIO nanoprojector

No power-hungry LCD, just a laser projector claimed to last two hours on a charge in an iPod-sized unit and it's supposed to be viewable in a lit room. Of course, they haven't specified the resolution. And for all we know, it could still turn out to be vaporware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    That looks pretty neat, but there sure isn't any hard info on that site. They claim to have demoed it already, but no images? Specs?

If it's 50 lumens, or something, it's really not that useful.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    kormac?

is that you??
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

Now this would be the right way to do an ultraportable.

Explay OIO nanoprojector

No power-hungry LCD, just a laser projector claimed to last two hours on a charge in an iPod-sized unit and it's supposed to be viewable in a lit room. Of course, they haven't specified the resolution. And for all we know, it could still turn out to be vaporware.

High-res projectors are very expensive. Cheaper than a 30 inch monitor, sure, but you're not going to get a 1080p projector for under a few hundred (probably 1000+) dollars.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Where do large flat and dark surfaces exist when you want to use an iUMPC? At home i would just use my laptop. I would only want to use an iUMPC on thre road and no surfaces like i mentioned exist there.